Additive manufacturing is unique in that complexity is free, unlike traditional manufacturing. You can “drill” a curved hole with additive manufacturing that is impossible to make with subtractive manufacturing.
- Complexity is free
- Allows for geometries not possible previously
- Ability to achieve very high strength to weight ratios
- Works with high temperature materials
- Faster lead times than machining for complex parts
- SLS (Nylon)
- Polyjet (flexible)
- Carbon 3D DLS
- HP Jet Fusion
- DMLS (Metal printing)
- (Stainless Steel 17-4 PH, Stainless Steel 316L, Aluminum ALSI10Mg, Inconel 625, Inconel 718, Titanium Ti64, ICobalt Chrome CoCrMo.)
Typically, additive projects are quoted same day or within a day, and we deliver parts within 3-4 days depending on build times. We have scalable capacity to meet your time critical requirements.
There are a number of different material options including ABS, PC-ABS, Ultem, Nylon GF, polyethylene like, polypropylene like, and proprietary materials that are clear, flexible, durable, and non-porous. The new additive technologies such as Carbon 3D offer options on low volume production with parts that are isotropic and with surface finishes that resemble injection molded parts. Work with our team to determine the best printing technique and materials for your needs.
Send questions, requests, CAD files (Step or STL) to BJones@unitedseal.com or post to DEX Center to the attention of LHall@UnitedSeal.com Let us know your needed delivery date and quantities.